Pre-registration is now closed, but you can register in person on Receiving Day, Thursday, April 4, from 9am to 5pm. Bring your work and a hand-written registration form (or fill one out there) to the Schaefer Gallery at the MACC. Be sure to bring cash or check for your entry fee ($20 per entry). Take the entry form to the computer registration table, where your information will be entered into our database. We’ll print your receipt and labels for you to verify, sign, and take to the cashier.
Please read on to learn about what happens on Receiving Day; the information we collect from entrants; the Express Line (the fastest way to check in your art on receiving day); and key registration dates.
What happens on Receiving Day
You will verify and sign a printed form filled in with the information you provide at registration. Your signature certifies that you understand the conditions for entering art work into Art Maui 2013, and that you meet those conditions. We keep the entry form and give you a copy as a receipt. You will need this receipt to pick up your work. At the bottom of the form are labels which you attach to the top right corner of the back of your work. Turn in the labeled work to one of the Receiving Day volunteers, who will bring it into the gallery.
Required information and how it is used
The registration form provides us with information about you and your entries. Your name, address, at least one phone number, and information about your first piece are required information. Your name, together with the information about your entries, will be used in Art Maui materials should your work be selected by the juror for exhibition. Your telephone number is required in case we need to contact you for any reason about your entry. Your email address will be used to send updates during the course of the show, and the announcement about next year’s show. Your mailing address is kept on file in the event our e-mailings do not reach you. Although not required, we would also like you to provide your cell phone number if you have one. If your work is accepted, and you provide your website address, we’ll link to your website from the Art Maui website. The information you provide will be used only by Art Maui as described above and will not be given to any other person or organization without your consent.
Back again this year: Express Line at Receiving Day
This year there are three ways that you can register for Art Maui 2013.
- The most expedient method is to pre-register AND pre-pay (using PayPal) online. Then, on Receiving Day go immediately to the EXPRESS line and sign your form, attach the labels and turn in your art.
- The second method is to pre-register online. In doing this you can eliminate going through the computer line to register. You will still have to go through the cashier line (which everyone has to go through if they have NOT pre-paid) to pay your fee, sign your application and turn in your art.
- If you are unable to pre-register you can either download a registration form or pick one up on Receiving Day. Fill this out and proceed to the computer area where you will register. You will then need to go through the Cashier line to pay, sign and turn in your art.
Typically, around 400 artists submit work each year, so if you can pre-register AND pre-pay it will save a lot of time on Receiving Day for you and your fellow artists. In addition, if you pre-pay when you pre-register, you have the convenience of paying by credit card. To pay on Receiving Day, you must bring cash or check; we are unable to accept credit cards.
Key registration dates for Art Maui 2013
- Online registration opens Sunday, February 17, at noon
- Applications for installations, including registration and payment, must be postmarked by March 23 (see Prospectus for details)
- Online registration closes Tuesday, April 2, at noon
- Receiving Day is Thursday, April 4, at the MACC, from 9am to 5pm.